Child Care Curriculum
The Lunenburg County YMCA Child Care Centre implements a play-based curriculum. YMCA Playing to Learn is a guide to the quality care of young children.
YMCA Educators will:
- Support you in your role as parents
- Provide a safe environment for your child
- Prepare spaces that are more conducive to learning
- Carefully watch to determine what your child (at a particular moment in time) is capable of learning
- Actively participate in your child’s play experience
- Observe and document the milestones in your child’s life to ensure age appropriate development.