Would you like to lead a group fitness class or help members improve physical conditioning? Do you have a passion for fitness? Are you the type of person who enjoys helping themselves and other people? If so, the YMCA Canada Fitness Leadership Training program could be for you.
Our certification program is an accredited course and is responsible for training thousands of knowledgeable, skilled and enthusiastic Fitness Leaders. Programs are offered in the fall/early winter season each year.
Why the YMCA Certification Program?
The YMCA Fitness Leadership Program was developed by YMCA Canada and was one of the models used to develop the guidelines for the Fitness Leadership Model implemented by the National Fitness Leadership Advisory Council (NFLAC).
As a YMCA Fitness Leader, you have the opportunity to build self esteem in your participants and provide service to your community.
Throughout this program, you will learn to:
- Develop strong leadership in your classes
- Enhance social interaction between members
- Meet member expectations
- Ensure the safety of all participants
- Promote sound principles of physical and health education
The YMCA also offers:
- Strong mission, vision, and values
- Highly qualified fitness professionals
- A supportive environment to achieve your goals
- Adult-based curriculum and instruction
- YMCA certification recognized at a national & international level
If you are interested in more information please email Kim at email@example.com