Youth Transitions Program
The YMCA of Southwest Nova Scotia (Lunenburg County YMCA) is excited to announce the launch of a NEW FREE national program called the YMCA Youth Transitions Program (YTP).
The YTP provides vulnerable students (ages 12 – 19) leading to and at critical academic transitions points with community supports they need for educational attainment and future success.
- Empower students to reach their fullest potential
- Strengthen and enhance student’s social networks and foster a sense of belonging
- Build student’s educational resiliency and aspirations.
- improve connectivity and access to technology
- Serves youth ages 12 – 19 years
- Activities include:
- case management (one-to-one support)
- life skills workshops
- National Youth Advisory Council
- Voluntary Program
- Participants can enter and leave the program when they are ready
- No defined start or end time of participant’s involvement
- Participants can participate in all activities or just one stream
Youth may self refer or be referred through a School, service provider or parent. All programs are FREE.