YMCA Recognizing Enhancing Aligning Community Horizons (YREACH)
YREACH, a new and expanded YMCA Program, provides information, orientation and settlement support toImmigrants and Temporary Foreign Workers and their families who are new to communities across the province of Nova Scotia.
YREACH has a mandate to raise awareness about the benefits of immigration in Nova Scotia and to work with local partners to create welcoming communities.
Our programming includes:
- Community Orientation
- Social Events and Recreational Opportunities
- Support in Accessing Services
- Home and Work place Visitations for settlement support
- Solution focused counseling
- School visitations
- Cultural awareness raising in school and community environment
- Diversity presentations are also provided 30
YREACH fulfills our overall YMCA Mission and helps position the YMCA in a positive light:
- Promotes diversity and inclusion
- Highlights ways of helping people connect and “belong” in communities
- Showcases YMCA community partnerships with other organizations
- Is a good program model in partnership with the provincial government
We currently have on-site staff based in various areas throughout Nova Scotia to provide settlement and integration support to smaller communities (and Y’s across the Province) in identifying resources and opportunities to work together in building capacity for being welcoming and inclusive.